What is Transportation Link-Line?
Transportation Link-Line is a free information and assistance service that connects people in Schuyler County and neighboring communities with transportation options. Transportation Link-Line also provides public outreach, transit orientation and responds to public inquiries regarding transportation options.
Who can use Transportation Link-Line?
Anyone in Schuyler County who needs a ride. We can help determine eligibility for ride options and suggest options to best meet your needs.
What are the Transportation Options?
- Public Transportation (e.g. fixed route, route deviation, and Dial-A-Ride services)
- Volunteer Driver Services (through partnering agencies: Schuyler County Office for the Aging and Veterans Service Agency)
- Specialty Transportation Services (e.g. SouthernTier Rideshare, other rideshare programs, car/vanpools, voucher programs)
- Trip Planning: We help you connect available transit services between counties, or offere suggestions about how to get to where you need to go.
- TRANSPORATATION OPTIONS IN AND AROUND SCHUYLER COUNTY (PDF)
What makes Transportation Link-Line possible in Schuyler County?
Transportation Link-Line is funded by grants through NYS Department of Transportation and an initial Veterans Community Living initiative grant and Schuyler County Office for the Aging. It is operated by The Arc of Schuyler, a nonprofit organization providing supports to people with developmental disabilities.
Volunteer drivers are needed to help Veterans and older adullts in our community get to non-emergency medical appointments and other destinations. If you are interested in being a volunteer driver, please complete our Volunteer Driver Questionnaire Below.